Language Selection

Get healthy now with MedBeds!
Click here to book your session

Protect your whole family with Orgo-Life® Quantum MedBed Energy Technology® devices.

Advertising by Adpathway

         

 Advertising by Adpathway

Nick Kyrgios breaks silence after testing positive for cocaine

6 hours ago 6

PROTECT YOURSELF with Orgo-Life® QUANTUM TECHNOLOGY

Orgo-Life the new way to the future

  Advertising by Adpathway

Nick Kyrgios says persistent injuries and the impending end to his tennis career led to a positive test for cocaine.

The Australian, currently ranked 919 in the world after peaking at number 13 in 2016, submitted a sample at the Mallorca Open in June that was later found to have contained benzoylecgonine, a metabolite of cocaine.

His provisional suspension started on August 4 and he has, so far, opted against an appeal.

Writing on Instagram, he said: “I made a huge mistake and I take full responsibility for it. I am sorry to my fans, my family, my sponsors and everyone else close to me. Above all, I’m sorry to the kids who follow me. I know the example this sets and I’m deeply disappointed in myself.

“I’m not going to make excuses, but I do want to give some context about where I’ve been. The last couple of years of injuries have taken a huge toll on me, both physically and mentally. My body hasn’t been able to do what my mind expects it to do. Coming to terms with being near the end of my career has been harder than I ever imagined.

“I’ve always said I didn’t choose tennis, tennis chose me. But letting go of something that has been my whole life is one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to face. At times I have felt helpless and alone.”

Kyrgios never far from controversy

Kyrgios, 31, has been a controversial figure in tennis ever since bursting on to the scene in 2013.

He has won seven ATP Tour singles titles and reached the final at Wimbledon in 2022. But his undoubted ability has often been overshadowed by a catalogue of incidents that have tarnished his reputation.

He was fined for making lewd remarks about Stan Wawrinka’s then girlfriend Donna Vekic during a game against the Swiss in 2015 and was defaulted at the 2019 Rome Masters for throwing a chair on to the court.

Away from the sport, he admitted assaulting an ex-girlfriend but avoided a criminal conviction. He was also criticised for sharing a post from self-proclaimed misogynist Andrew Tate.

Kyrgios has, however, been an advocate for mental health charities after admitting he contemplated suicide after losing at Wimbledon in 2019.

Read Entire Article

         

        

Start the new Vibrations with a Medbed Franchise today!  

Protect your whole family with Quantum Orgo-Life® devices

  Advertising by Adpathway